Each week, MGRC is forced to turn away girls who are in desperate need due to limited resources. There are no safety nets for Maasai girls, they find their way to MGRC because they have no other place to go.
The direct costs for taking care of one girl is about $130 per month or $1,560 a year. The cost breakdown is shown on our budget page, and does not include any overhead or fundraising expenses.
We currently have 14 rescued girls seeking sponsors and invite you to work with us to make a difference in a girl's life. As a sponsor, you'll receive photos of the student throughout the year with corresponding information on her progress in school and training, and most of all, exchange letters with her.
To become a Sponsor requires a commitment. Sponsors are asked to provide, as a minimum, for the basic living, clothing and schooling costs of the child up until the age of 18.
Communication between the sponsors and the children is highly encouraged. A letter (email) from the child to their sponsor will be part of the child's education process. Pictures and a progress report on school grades and any special circumstances of the child or that the Center deems important for the sponsor to know will be included. MGRC will monitor all correspondence to assure both child safety and compliance to MGRC rules.The Center will take in girls without sponsors if there are significant risks to their welfare or safety. MGRC provides each girl:
1. A safe haven - a place to stay, food, clothes, medical attention/care, school supplies, and education;
2. Mentoring in assertiveness, life skills, and study habits;
3. Family counseling to get parents on board with their girls' education;
4. A study hall that includes tutoring and study resources;
5. After school classes for girls who are behind in their education due to the lack of schooling prior to being rescued;
6. Business and technical training so girls can become self-sustaining, even if they don't excel in academics.
MGRC sponsor program was established so Donors can become Sponsors of one or more children at the Center.
100% of all donations goes directly to the care of a rescued girl.